Waylon And Willie Find Good Women, Taylor Swift Burns Old Photos – Today In Country Music History
Taylor Swift was burning photos of old flames on this date in 2008, Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson were singing about the Good Hearted Women in their life in 1976 and Hank Williams Sr. showed us that even wooden Indians need love in 1953.
Click through for the complete list for Today In Country Music History for 21 February, 2012.
- Taylor Swift began a two-day shoot in Nashville for her “Picture To Burn” video in 2008.
- “American Soldier” claimed the Number One position in Billboard for Toby Keith in 2004.
- The Everything I Love album went gold and platinum at the same time for Alan Jackson in 1997.
- Garth Brooks‘ Fresh Horses album was certified gold, platinum and triple-platinum simultaneously in 1996.
- Boxcar Willie joined the Grand Ole Opry in 1981.
- Waylon and Willie‘s “Good Hearted Woman” hit Number One on the country singles chart in 1976.
- Hank Williams‘ Number One single, “Kaw-Liga,” charted in 1953.
- Little Jimmy Dickens made his Grand Ole Opry debut in 1948.
Let’s go back to the number one song on this date in 1953.
Subscribe to 102.3 The Bull on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.