Zac Brown Goes Double Platinum, Glen Campbell Goes To Galveston – Today In Country Music History
The Zac Brown Band's Foundation album went double platinum in 2010, George Strait's seven year old album went gold in 1988 and Glen Campbell went to Galveston in 1969.
Here's the complete list for Today In Country Music History for 19 April, 2012.
- The Zac Brown Band album The Foundation went double-platinum in 2010.
- Lorrie Morgan went gold for the first time with her Leave The Light On album in 1990.
- Strait Country, George Strait's debut album, went gold seven years after its release in 1988.
- Crystal Gayle, Dottie West, Debby Boone, Emmylou Harris, and Tammy Wynette occupied the top five positions on Billboard's country chart in 1980. It was the first time women held all five spots.
- Willie Nelson's Stardust album was released in 1978.
- Emmylou Harris debuted on the charts with "Too Far Gone" in 1975.
- Glen Campbell went to Number One on the Billboard country singles chart with the Jimmy Webb song "Galveston" in 1969.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.