Zac Brown Has A Baby, Toby Keith Has A High Maintenance Woman – Today In Country Music History [VIDEO]
Zac Brown and his wife welcomed their daughter, Joni, to the world on this date in 2011, Toby Keith had a High Maintenance Woman in 2007 and Alabama sang about home in 1980.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 02 February, 2012.
- Zac and Shelly Brown welcomed daughter Joni Mason Brown in 2011.
- Tim McGraw and Gwyneth Paltrow shot concert footage for the movie Country Strong at Nashville’s Municipal Auditorium in 2010.
- Toby Keith‘s “High Maintenance Woman” was released to radio in 2007.
- Louise Scruggs, the wife and manager of Earl Scruggs, died at Nashville’s Baptist Hospital from a respiratory ailment in 2006. She was the first female manager in bluegrass history.
- Steve Holy picked up his first chart-topping single with “Good Morning Beautiful” in 2002.
- Alan Jackson‘s Drive album debuted at Number One on the Billboard 200 chart in 2002.
- Willie Nelson agreed to pay $9 million of the $16.7 million he owed the Internal Revenue Service in a meeting at the IRS office in Austin, Texas in 1993.
- Paul Overstreet earned a Billboard Number One country single with “Daddy’s Come Around” in 1991.
- George Strait recorded his first hit, “Unwound,” in Nashville in 1981.
- Alabama‘s “My Home’s In Alabama” charted in 1980. It was the group’s first Top 20 single.
- Dolly Parton‘s “Jolene” went to Number One on the Billboard country chart in 1974.
- Sonny James‘s “Young Love” hit Number One on the country singles chart in 1957.
- Jimmie Rodgers recorded “Roll Along, Kentucky Moon” in 1932.
Here’s a look back at Alabama’s first number one hit.
Subscribe to 102.3 The Bull on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.