The Rules Of Eating That We Almost All Break
When you bring a child into this world it's your job to teach them the rules of right and wrong. But then some rules were meant to be broken. Especially when they come to the rules about eating.
According to the New York Post, there are several rules of eating that we ... ahem ... adults ... ahem ... just love to break. I'm pretty sure I've broken most of them at one time or another.
The top five broken rules look like this. Number 5 - Eating dessert for dinner. About 37 percent of us have chowed down on ice cream and called it a meal.
Number 4 - Eating sugary foods before bed. I don't normally do this, but when I visit my father he will constantly be serving me cake and coffee while we're watching the 10 o'clock news.
The third most commonly broken eating rule is the one about snacking before dinner. 50% of us admit to it. The other 50% are lying.
The runner up for the most broken eating rule is eating breakfast for dinner. Seriously? When did this become a rule? In my world you can eat breakfast foods any time of the day.
The number one most broken eating rule is one I break all the time. Eating on the couch. More than half, 51% of the people surveyed, admitted to doing this. Again, I question the veracity of the other 49%. I mean who hasn't taken their plate or bowl into the living room and eaten while binge watching their favorite TV show?
Maybe when it comes to teaching our children the rules of dining etiquette it's a bit of, "Do as I say, not as I do."