Toby Keith Gets A Huge Award, Mickey Gilley Sees Stars – Today In Country Music History [VIDEO]
Toby Keith was named Songwriter / Artist of the Decade on this date in 2009, Carrie Underwood let go of the Wheel in 2005 and Mickey Gilley was seeing stars in 1984.
Here's the list for Today In Country Music History for 18 October, 2011.
- Toby Keith was named Songwriter/Artist of the Decade and "Live Like You Were Dying" author Craig Wiseman was honored as Songwriter of the Decade by the Nashville Songwriters Association International in 2009.
- Carrie Underwood's "Jesus, Take The Wheel" was released in 2005.
- Deana Carter climbed to Number One on the Billboard chart with "How Do I Get There" in 1997.
- Mickey Gilley received a star at 6922 Hollywood Blvd. on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1984.
- Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton received a gold single for "Islands In The Stream" in 1983.
- Don Williams' "I Believe In You" took the Number One position on the Billboard country chart in 1980.
- Bob Wills was inducted into the Country Music Hall Of Fame in 1968.
- Hank Williams married Billie Jean Jones Eshliman in a private ceremony in Minden, Louisiana in 1952.
Here's Carrie's hit, Jesus Take The Wheel. Just because.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.