The Dixie Chicks, John Michael Montgomery and Keith Whitley – Today In Country Music History
The Dixie Chicks did a private show at the Ryman in 2002, John Michael Montgomery was number one in 1994 and Keith Whitley had his very first #1 hit in 1988.
Here's the list for Today In Country Music History for 13 August, 2011.
- The Dixie Chicks gave a private show at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium, playing their album, Home, in its entirety in sequential order in 2002.
- John Michael Montgomery charted a Number One country single in Billboard with "Be My Baby Tonight" in 1994.
- Reba McEntire's "The Greatest Man I Never Knew" was released in 1992.
- Brooks & Dunn's debut album, Brand New Man, was released in 1991.
- Willie Nelson became the first artist ever to have an album spend 10 years on the Billboard country chart, as Stardust logged its 520th week in 1988.
- Keith Whitley scored his first Number One single with "Don't Close Your Eyes" in 1988.
It's been too long since I've heard a Keith Whitley song. Here's the debut performance of his first # 1 hit on the Grand Ole Opry.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.